VIP Diva Birthday Celebration...

 A diva celebration...of course, that would be the party request from an 8 year old..four weeks before her birthday, right?
I work on a lot of parties, locally, with The Playroom, who had just opened Limelight Salon...what better location for a VIP Diva Celebration! I knew I was limited on time so I  immediately checked out ETSY and found the perfect invitations!


I wanted something bright and bold for the backdrop on the dessert table but wanted to do something different than a banner...Shauna sees those daily!  We cut out cardboard in the shape of an 8 and used floral wire to attach boas. It provided the pop of color I was looking for! And with the gorgeous cupcakes from Sabrosa Cupcakes, the incredible cookies from Tracie and whoopie pies from Dawna....I had all the color I needed on the table!
My initial thought was to go with the zebra prints.  But on a last minute shopping trip, I found these blocks at Home Goods. 
 
The sayings were perfect!  As soon as I got I home, I sat down and worked on the labels, bottle wraps, etc...nope, 
not feeling any pressure!! Changing everything within 48 hours of the party! 
'Champagne' and cotton candy cocktails were a huge hit! Shauna had been wanting to try them since seeing the 'real' ones made with vodka on Food Network!

Cosmetic cases for little girls....have you ever tried to find one??? I was on a mad search. After having all the Targets in Maine and three in Orlando, hold the existing Caboodles cases they had, I came across these great clear ones online... I knew that I could add vinyl initials and bling them out a bit! (luckily they arrived two days before the party, along with the make up kit!
Home Goods was a great resource for the make up favors! And the girls had a blast filling their cases! We had thought about making gumballs necklaces but Shauna thought they might be too busy with hair, make up and dress up. And that they were!
Shauna's make up team consisted of Lux (owner of The Limelight Salon/Playroom and stylist), Brittany (friend and daughter of my awesome photographer/whoopie pie maker/friend, Dawna) and Aunt Alicia doing nails! I found it funny that the majority of Shauna's entourage just happened to have hair extensions/wig of their own! 
And this is what they produced...my lil' Diva!
(notice the Team Diva shirts I ordered for the entourage)

I knew when I saw these taffy lip lollipops, on clearance at Wal Mart, that they would be the perfect prop for the girls once they were all glammed up!                                            
The girls had a blast posing....whether it was the lips, microphones or just the fact that they were all glam'd up!
I think my favorite part was when they went behind the 'curtain of tinsel' ...it was as though they had forgotten any adults could still see/hear them...they were giggling and posing and admiring each others hair-do's and once they walked through that curtain...they were all diva!
Happy 8th Birthday to my lil Diva!