Summer Party ~ S'mores Bar

One of my favorite parties to work on this past summer was my friend, Yvonne's, Summer Party for her sons, Bryton and Logan in Charlotte, NC! The intention was to catch fireflies...but as the time got closer, it was apparent that the frogs had done pretty well with that!  So what are boys to do.....
...of course, catch the frogs that catch the flies!  This is one of my favorite pictures that a guest, Di, took after going home. (yes, this is her backyard). I was initially going to make invitations for the party but after seeing these, from Zazzle.com, with glow in the dark bugs...I knew I couldn't top that. 
 Yvonne painted signs with glow in the dark paint, set up a s'mores bar and an outdoor movie theatre for the boys, who brought their sleeping bags along with them for this outdoor adventure!  







 She had some of the mason jars filled with grass and glow sticks in them. One of my favorite things that Yvonne did was this drink container of bug/swamp water!! Can't you see the boys faces when they were getting drinks?!
The boys had a blast! And I do believe this has become an Annual Tradition!!! 

P.S. No frogs were hurt in this event....all were released to continue feasting on the flies!